content='IE=EmulateIE7' http-equiv='X-UA-Compatible'/> Change-Diapers.com, Fitteds and Pockets and Snappis, oh my! Change-Diapers.com, Fitteds and Pockets and Snappis, oh my!: Happy Baby Review & Giveaway CLOSED

My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit
http://change-diapers.com
and update your bookmarks.

26 May, 2010

Happy Baby Review & Giveaway CLOSED

happybabyfood

HappyBaby products are all organic and 100% natural with no pesticides, no chemical fertilizers, no genetic modification, and no preservatives.  All of their packaging is BPA free and phthalate-free, recyclable and earth-friendly!  HappyBaby works with Project Peanut Butter, and every package purchased contributes to the effort.

I've talked about Happy Baby Food's puffs and yogurt melts before, but they have a lot more than that!  HappyBaby sent me coupons for the HappyPuffs, HappyMelts, HappyBellies cereal, HappyBites, HappyBaby Frozen and HappyTot pouches.

The puffs, cereal and yogurt melts are available to me locally at Target, my grocery store, ToysRUs and my local organic market.  To find the other items, I made my first trip to Whole Foods (2 1/2 hours round trip), but I still couldn't find the pouches!


The other day, we all taste tested the HappyBites chicken bites, salmon stix and mac + cheese.


I do wish the bags were recloseable.


The chicken bites and fish bites said to bake at 400 for 8 minutes; the mac + cheese take 15 minutes.


I popped all 3 in the oven and planned to take the chicken and fish out, and leave the mac + cheese in for another 7 minutes, but when I took them out, they were still frozen almost completely solid!  After a total of nearly 20 minutes, they were heated through.


The HappyBites have "hidden" vegetables like chick peas, cauliflower, butternut squash and potato (varies based on the product.)


The mac + cheese was like baked shells and cheese in patty form.


My son absolutely inhaled the chicken bites; I couldn't break them into bite size pieces fast enough.  They had a crispy exterior and a creamy interior the consistency of stiff mashed potatoes.


The salmon stix were my husband's favorite.  I thought they smelled like crab cakes as they were baking, and he commented that with a firmer interior, they would taste like it too.  He thought they were a little bland, but this is coming from "Mr. Hot Sauce."  I thought they were mild tasting enough that kids would like them, but had enough flavor to exercise their little palates.  I reminded him that he wasn't their target audience!

My 5-year old daughter was being a brat acting like a 5-year old and claimed not to like any of it.  She was just angling to get dinner over with so she could go camping. 

Prices seem to vary a bit depending on where you go.  Where we live, the yogurt melts are $3.29-$3.69, puffs $2.79-$3.29, cereal around $3.79.  The HappyBaby frozen were $4.69 and the HappyBites were $4.99-$5.99. 

I haven't been able to find the pouches.  Whole Foods is supposed to have the best selection of HappyBaby, but they only had other brands of pouch baby food.  I could have sworn I saw them at ToysRUs, but they were another brand as well.

I'll continue to choose HappyBaby food for their "no junk" promise, tasty organic products, BPA free packaging and social responsibility.  I'm hoping that more stores will carry their products so it will be easier to find!

Want to try some?  HappyFamily is sending an awesome package to one lucky blog reader.  (Value is well over $40, depends on your store's prices of course!)  It includes:

2 free trial coupons for each of their products: HAPPYBABY, HAPPYBELLES, HAPPYBABYPUFFS, HAPPYMELTS, HAPPYBITES
1 FAQ on Probiotics & DHA
1 Nutrition Guide, co-authored by Dr. Sears
1 HAPPYFAMILY Recipes
 
Here's how to enter: (entries 2-8 are optional and you may do as few or as many as you like.)
 
1. Visit HappyBabyFood and have a look around.  Leave me a comment with what product looks tastiest to you.
2. Follow my blog publicly.  Comment saying you do to get your entry.
3. Fan me on Facebook.  Comment saying you're a fan to get your entry.
4. Fan HappyFamily on Facebook.  Comment saying you're a fan to get your entry.  I would appreciate it if you left a comment on their wall telling them you're visiting from my blog, but it's not required.
5. Follow me on Twitter.  Comment saying you follow to get your entry.
6. Follow HappyBabyFood on Twitter.  Comment saying you follow to get your entry.
7. Tweet about this giveaway.  Be sure to include @chgdiapers and @happybabyfood in your tweet.  One tweet per day.  Comment with a link to your tweet to get your entry. You may use this tweet if you like: @chgdiapers has a @happybabyfood #giveaway until 6/9 http://bit.ly/bDVxth #organic #babyfood
8. Blog about this giveaway and be sure to link back here.  Leave a comment with a link to your blog post to get your entry.
 
Open to residents of the U.S. only, I'll accept entries until Wednesday, June 9th, 2010 at 9:00 P.M., EST. 
 
I'll select a winner using random.org's true random number generator and contact the winner by email.  Please leave your email address in a comment if it isn't in your profile.  If I can't contact you I will choose another winner.
 
Thank you to HappyFamily for providing the free product coupons for the review and giveaway.  The freebies in no way affected my review.

208 comments:

  1. The breakfast bites look the best to me.
    bcgood83@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I follow your blog.
    bcgood83@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a fan of yours on fb
    bcgood83@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fanned HappyFamily on fb, and left a comment
    bcgood83@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I already follow you on twitter
    bcgood83@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Following HappyBaby on twitter
    bcgood83@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. The happy baby frozen chick chick looks great!
    glass.stephanie(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  8. follow your blog publicly
    glass.stephanie(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  9. follow you on twitter @skgaff
    glass.stephanie(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  10. follow happybabyfood on twitter @skgaff
    glass.stephanie(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  11. tweet: http://twitter.com/skgaff/status/14766126149
    glass.stephanie(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm always looking for healthy (easy) food for my 2 and 1 year old! I bet my kids would love the chicken bits or the veggie tots!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think that frozen breakfast pocket looks pretty good!

    kt1969 at comcast dot net

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm a fan on facebook!

    Katie E.
    kt1969 at comcast dot net

    ReplyDelete
  15. I like HappyFamily on Facebook!

    kt1969 at comcast dot net

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy Melts-organic mix berry sounds yum!
    tomokofive at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  17. follow happy baby food on twitter

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love the Happy Bites with the hidden veggies in every bite!
    theaguilars at verizon dot net

    ReplyDelete
  19. I follow your blog
    theaguilars at verizon dot net

    ReplyDelete
  20. I am a fan of your on facebook
    theaguilars at verizon dot net

    ReplyDelete
  21. I am a fan of Happy Family on facebook
    theaguilars at verizon dot net

    ReplyDelete
  22. I follow you on twitter
    theaguilars at verizon dot net

    ReplyDelete
  23. I follow happy baby food on twitter
    theaguilars at verizon dot net

    ReplyDelete
  24. I think my son would really like the Apricot and Sweet Potato pouches!

    SHull2319 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  25. I follow your blog publicly

    SHull2319 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  26. I am a fan of yours on facebook

    SHull2319 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  27. I am a fan of HappyFamily on Facebook and I left a comment there as well!

    SHull2319 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  28. I follow you on Twitter (@trvlgrl121)
    SHull2319 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  29. Tweeted: http://twitter.com/trvlgrl121/statuses/14779019157
    SHull2319 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  30. The breakfast pockets look interesting!
    erica dot jmail at mac dot com

    ReplyDelete
  31. I follow you!
    erica dot jmail at mac dot com

    ReplyDelete
  32. I'm a fb fan!
    erica dot jmail at mac dot com

    ReplyDelete
  33. Tweet!
    http://twitter.com/mommyericae/status/14779158841
    erica dot jmail at mac dot com

    ReplyDelete
  34. I think the Happy Bites look the best!

    thedealscoop @ yahoo . com

    ReplyDelete
  35. Fanned you on Facebook

    thedealscoop @ yahoo . com

    ReplyDelete
  36. Following on Twitter (Deal_Scoop)
    thedealscoop @ yahoo . com

    ReplyDelete
  37. Happy family fan on facebook
    Shanicherie @ gmail . com

    ReplyDelete
  38. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  39. Follower of your blog!
    shanicherie @ gmail . com

    ReplyDelete
  40. My little one loves the gerber yogurt bites and I'd love to have him try these!
    shanicherie @ gmail . com

    ReplyDelete
  41. i added you to my google reader.

    ReplyDelete
  42. i want to have my LO try the happymelts.

    ReplyDelete
  43. The organic banana puffs!! they look like something I could snack on too.

    ReplyDelete
  44. I Follow your blog publicly via Google Friend Connect

    ReplyDelete
  45. I like Fitteds and pockets and snappis, oh my! on Facebook

    ReplyDelete
  46. I follow @HAPPYBABYFOOD on twitter as @Maybelline_V

    ReplyDelete
  47. Just Tweeted: http://twitter.com/Maybelline_V/statuses/14794625617

    ReplyDelete
  48. I follow @chgdiapers on twitter as @Maybelline_v

    ReplyDelete
  49. My son would love the salmon fish sticks!
    brycesmommy(at)att(dot)net

    ReplyDelete
  50. I'm a fan of HappyBaby on Facebook!
    brycesmommy(at)att(dot)net

    ReplyDelete
  51. I want to try the frozen happy baby foods
    heather_maldonado@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  52. My son loves the green puffs. He will be excited to try the salmon stix soon.

    ReplyDelete
  53. I think my son would love the berry yogurt melts!

    gdy2shoes23(at)gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  54. I am your fan on facebook
    (katrina welch)

    ReplyDelete
  55. I am already a fan of happy baby on facebook (katrina welch)

    ReplyDelete
  56. I follow happy baby on twitter (katrinawelch)

    ReplyDelete
  57. I'd love to have my daughter try the yogurt melts!

    leemegs at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  58. I'm a facebook fan of happy family

    leemegs at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  59. I'm a google follower of this blog

    leemegs at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  60. My daughter loves the Happymelts!!! cloutierjn@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  61. The Banana Mango yogurt melts are yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  62. I follow HappyFamily on twitter

    ReplyDelete
  63. I am following you on google friend connect! cloutierjn@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  64. I am a "liker" of your on FB! cloutierjn@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  65. I am a "liker" of HappyFamily on FB! cloutierjn@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  66. I follow you on twitter! @cloutierjn cloutierjn@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  67. I follow HappyBaby on Twitter! @cloutierjn cloutierjn@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  68. tweet
    http://twitter.com/orangefukurou/status/14812354520

    ReplyDelete
  69. The Happy Bites look great!

    girlforgotten81@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  70. Tweet!
    http://twitter.com/mommyericae/status/14827307597
    erica dot jmail at mac dot com

    ReplyDelete
  71. I'd like to try the happy melts.
    Thanks for the chance.
    mogrill@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete
  72. Yum Yum I would love to try the Chicken Bites!!!

    Email:chellelmonroe@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  73. I follow your blog publicly!

    Email:chellelmonroe@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  74. I am a fan on facebook and I posted a comment to let you know!

    Email: chellelmonroe@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  75. I am a fan of happyfamily on facebook...I left a comment to tell them & I told them I was visiting from your blog =)

    Email: chellelmonroe@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  76. My daughter and I like the apple puffs, but the chicken bites sound good too.

    ReplyDelete
  77. I follow you on Twitter. lisaro7

    ReplyDelete
  78. I follow you on twitter...my I.D is lilybugmomma!

    Email: chellelmonroe@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  79. I tweeted: http://twitter.com/lisaro7/status/14860989806

    ReplyDelete
  80. I follow HAPPYBABYFOOD on twitter @lilybugmomma

    email: chellelmonroe@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  81. I tweeted about the giveaway @lilybugmomma

    Email: chellelmonroe@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  82. Follow on facebook and twitter

    ReplyDelete
  83. I'd love to try the yogurt melts & those fruit pouches!

    suzibeckwith @ gmail

    ReplyDelete
  84. I am a fan of yours on Facebook

    suzibeckwith @ gmail

    ReplyDelete
  85. I am a fan of Happy Baby on Facebook

    suzibeckwith @ gmail

    ReplyDelete
  86. I follow you on Twitter @beckwiths

    suzibeckwith @ gmail

    ReplyDelete
  87. I follow Happy Baby on Twitter

    @beckwiths

    suzibeckwith @ gmail

    ReplyDelete
  88. I tweeted about the giveaway @beckwiths

    suzibeckwith @ gmail

    ReplyDelete
  89. Those salmon bites are such a good idea!!!! Wow I'd eat em!

    ReplyDelete
  90. I am a fan of HappyFamily on facebooking! and I'll leave them a comment telling them you sent me over!

    ReplyDelete
  91. I follow you on Twitter!

    @PGHmommy

    ReplyDelete
  92. I follow HappyFamily on Twitter too!

    @pghmommy

    ReplyDelete
  93. http://twitter.com/PGHmommy/status/14900417727

    ReplyDelete
  94. Tweet
    http://twitter.com/mommyericae/status/14905397593
    erica do tjmail at mac dot com

    ReplyDelete
  95. tweet: http://twitter.com/skgaff/status/14912109994
    glass.stephanie(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  96. tweet
    http://twitter.com/orangefukurou/status/14912263795

    ReplyDelete
  97. Tweet!
    http://twitter.com/mommyericae/status/14977490659
    erica dot jmail at mac dot com

    ReplyDelete
  98. tweet
    http://twitter.com/orangefukurou/status/14979061850

    ReplyDelete
  99. i would like to try the chicken bites

    ReplyDelete
  100. tweet
    http://twitter.com/orangefukurou/status/15049718878

    ReplyDelete
  101. I think the happy tot meals look perfect for SAP! but she'd like the yogurt melts best :)

    mphin278 at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  102. I follow your blog publicly

    mphin278 at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  103. liked you on facebook

    mphin278 at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  104. liked happy baby on facebook

    mphin278 at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  105. I follow you on twitter

    @SAPsMaMa

    mphin278 at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  106. I follow happy baby on twitter

    @SAPsMaMa

    mphin278 at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  107. http://twitter.com/SAPsMaMa/status/15063557904

    tweeted

    mphin278 at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  108. http://sapsgiveaways.blogspot.com/2010/05/happy-baby-giveaway-by-f-oh-my-ends.html

    blogged about the giveaway!

    mphin278 at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  109. Daily Tweet: http://twitter.com/Maybelline_V/statuses/15063778368

    ReplyDelete
  110. tweeted: http://twitter.com/trvlgrl121/statuses/15064350905

    SHull2319 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  111. http://twitter.com/orangefukurou/status/15107405945

    ReplyDelete
  112. Tweet!
    http://twitter.com/mommyericae/status/15101598115
    erica dot jmail at mac dot ocm

    ReplyDelete
  113. I blogged!
    http://the-elwells.blogspot.com/2010/05/last-day-to-enter-these-giveaways.html
    erica dot jmail at mac dot com

    ReplyDelete
  114. http://twitter.com/SAPsMaMa/status/15123948554

    tweet

    mphin278 at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  115. I tweeted: http://twitter.com/trvlgrl121/statuses/15147032690

    SHull2319 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  116. Tweet!
    http://twitter.com/mommyericae/status/15172441296
    erica dot jmail at mac dot com

    ReplyDelete
  117. tweet
    https://twitter.com/orangefukurou/status/15181469230

    ReplyDelete
  118. My son loves the Organic Rice Cereal! Our Harris Teeter had the pouches too

    ReplyDelete
  119. The Mac and Cheese Happy Bites look like they would appeal to little ones!

    colljerr at comcast dot net

    ReplyDelete
  120. I follow your blog publicly.

    colljerr at comcast dot net

    ReplyDelete
  121. I am a fan of yours on Facebook

    colljerr at comcast dot net

    ReplyDelete
  122. I am a fan of HappyFamily on Facebook.

    colljerr at comcast dot net

    ReplyDelete
  123. I "liked" Happy Family (that's actually how I found your giveaway!)

    ReplyDelete
  124. I'm following Happy Family on twitter!

    ReplyDelete
  125. http://twitter.com/orangefukurou/status/15255788644

    ReplyDelete
  126. Tweet!
    http://twitter.com/mommyericae/status/15247923229
    erica dot jmail at mac dot com

    ReplyDelete
  127. I would love to try the Chicken Bites for my picky almost-2-year-old. :)

    ReplyDelete
  128. I am a fan of Happy Family on Facebook

    ReplyDelete
  129. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  130. I tweeted about this giveaway!
    http://twitter.com/CohensMommy

    ReplyDelete
  131. http://twitter.com/SAPsMaMa/status/15294990276

    tweet

    mphin278 at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  132. I...I mean my kids would love the salmon stix!

    ReplyDelete
  133. We just started giving the baby solid food, so I'm most interested in trying the HappyBellies organic brown rice cereal and the mangos (although I think the spinach, mango, and pear sounds like an interesting and tasting combination).

    jdeemarie @ gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  134. I follow you on Twitter (@jdeemarie)

    jdeemarie @ gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  135. I tweeted:
    http://twitter.com/jdeemarie/status/15307087282

    jdeemarie @ gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  136. I follow HappyBaby on Twitter (@jdeemarie)

    jdeemarie @ gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  137. http://twitter.com/orangefukurou/status/15324173829

    ReplyDelete
  138. The mac and cheese bites look tasty to me. A restaurant near my parents serves somthing like this on thier kids menu and my kids love them. Now I know I can look for the happy baby version of them.

    kerrie@mayansfamily.com

    ReplyDelete
  139. I follow your blog as degood with google friend connect.

    kerrie@mayansfamily.com

    ReplyDelete
  140. I follow you on twitter as kmayans.

    kerrie@mayansfamily.com

    ReplyDelete
  141. I follow happybabyfood on twitter as kmayans.

    kerrie@mayansfamily.com

    ReplyDelete
  142. Tweet!
    http://twitter.com/mommyericae/status/15327995892
    erica dot jmail at mac dot com

    ReplyDelete
  143. tweeted today: http://twitter.com/trvlgrl121/statuses/15345832486
    SHull2319 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  144. The Happybaby pouches look awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  145. I'm a HappyFamily fan on Facebook

    ReplyDelete
  146. http://twitter.com/jdeemarie/status/15393099668

    jdeemarie @ gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  147. I like the idea of the Happy Bites veggie tots and the Happy Melts mixed berry flavor. I like to buy baby convenience foods that aren't easy for me to make myself at home.

    LMFriedli @ gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  148. I follow the blog with Google Friends.

    LMFriedli @ gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  149. Facebook fan.

    LMFriedli @ gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  150. HappyFamily FB fan.

    LMFriedli @ gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  151. tweet!
    http://twitter.com/mommyericae/status/15416263913
    erica dot jmail at mac dot com

    ReplyDelete
  152. I follow @chgdiapers on twitter.

    LMFriedli @ gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  153. I follow @happybabyfood on twitter (@LisOfTo)

    LMFriedli @ gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  154. Tweeted here: http://twitter.com/LisOfTo/status/15435901999

    LMFriedli @ gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  155. I tweeted: http://twitter.com/trvlgrl121/statuses/15465203866
    SHull2319 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  156. tweet
    http://twitter.com/mommyericae/status/15483172703
    erica dot jmail at mac dot com

    ReplyDelete
  157. Tweet: http://twitter.com/LisOfTo/status/15485924498
    LMFriedli @ gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  158. I would like to try their pouches, my son just started eating food recently and they look good.

    jaimegreat at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  159. The Happy Melts in Mixed Berry sound good for my little one!

    ReplyDelete
  160. Tweeted!
    http://twitter.com/hannahcookcross/statuses/15516806333

    ReplyDelete
  161. http://twitter.com/jdeemarie/status/15523411900

    jdeemarie @ gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  162. Tweet! http://twitter.com/LisOfTo/status/15557875188
    LMFriedli @ gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  163. http://twitter.com/SAPsMaMa/status/15560488735

    tweet

    mphin278 at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  164. tweet: http://twitter.com/skgaff/status/15629152360
    glass.stephanie(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  165. http://twitter.com/jdeemarie/status/15648589538

    jdeemarie @ gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  166. tweet
    http://twitter.com/mommyericae/status/15624812516
    erica dot jmail at mac dot com

    ReplyDelete
  167. http://twitter.com/SAPsMaMa/status/15671711720

    tweet

    mphin278 at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  168. tweet
    http://twitter.com/mommyericae/status/15701199930
    erica dot jmail at mac dot com

    ReplyDelete
  169. http://twitter.com/jdeemarie/status/15718400493

    jdeemarie @ gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  170. Tweet! http://twitter.com/LisOfTo/status/15726049037
    LMFriedli @ gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  171. chicken bits or the veggie tots!

    mightynaynay(at)cs.com

    ReplyDelete
  172. The organic yogurt snacks look great!

    Jordan B

    oneadem@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  173. Those Happy Bites Chicken Bites look really yummy.



    onedayitwillbealright @ gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  174. I'm following you on GFC.

    helen g



    onedayitwillbealright @ gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  175. one of you facebook fans

    hrgibbs


    onedayitwillbealright @ gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  176. facebook fan of Happy Family and left comment on their wall


    helen g



    onedayitwillbealright @ gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  177. http://twitter.com/jdeemarie/status/15789889086

    jdeemarie @ gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  178. tweet
    http://twitter.com/mommyericae/status/15784034314
    erica dot jmail at mac dot com

    ReplyDelete
  179. I'd love to try the breakfast pockets! YUM!

    aguarino29 (at) sbcglobal (dot) net

    ReplyDelete